War on Iraq IQ Test
by Rev. Jeremiah Wright
Take the War on Iraq IQ Test
Do you know enough to justify
going to war with Iraq?
1. Q: What percentage of the world's population
does the U.S. have?
[correction - 4.8% of world's population - 6.2 billion vs. 280
2. Q: What percentage of the world's wealth
does the U.S. have?
[correction - 22% of global GDP]
3. Q: Which country has the largest oil
A: Saudi Arabia
4. Q: Which country has the second largest
5. Q: How much is spent on military budgets
a year worldwide?
A: $900+ billion
6. Q: How much of this is spent by the
[explanation - military expenditures for FY2003 may be $460-470
billion including $378.5 billion for the Pentagon, $15.4 billion
for nuclear weapons programs, $3.8 billion for foreign military
assistance, $1.4 billion for military-related activities of other
agencies, $32 billion for military retirement benefits and health
care for current employees, $30 billion for the CIA, plus funding
for the Homeland Security Department]
7. Q: What percent of US military spending
would ensure the essentials of life to everyone in the world,
according the UN?
A: 10% (that's about $40 billion, the amount of funding initially
requested to fund our retaliatory attack on Afghanistan)
8. Q: How many people have died in wars
since World War II?
A: 86 million
9. Q: How long has Iraq had chemical and
A: Since the early 1980's.
10. Q: Did Iraq develop these chemical
& biological weapons on their own?
A: No, the materials and technology were supplied by the US government,
along with Britain and private corporations.
11. Q: Did the US government condemn the
Iraqi use of gas warfare against Iran?
12. Q: How many people did Saddam Hussein
kill using gas in the Kurdish town of Halabja
13. Q: How many western countries condemned
this action at the time?
14. Q: How many gallons of agent Orange
did America use in Vietnam?
A: 17 million.
15. Q: Are there any proven links between
Iraq and September 11th terrorist attack?
16. Q: What is the estimated number of
civilian casualties in the Gulf War?
17. Q: How many casualties did the Iraqi
military inflict on the western forces during the Gulf War ?
18. Q: How many retreating Iraqi soldiers
were buried alive by U. S. tanks with ploughs mounted on the front?
19. Q: How many tons of depleted uranium
were left in Iraq and Kuwait after the Gulf War?
A: 40 tons
20. Q: What according to the UN was the
increase in cancer rates in Iraq between 1991 and 1994?
21. Q: How much of Iraq's military capacity
did America claim it had destroyed in 1991?
22. Q: Is there any proof that Iraq plans
to use its weapons for anything other than deterrence and self-defense?
23. Q: Does Iraq present more of a threat
to world peace now than 10 years ago?
24. Q: How many civilian deaths has the
Pentagon predicted in the event of an attack on Iraq in 2003?
25. Q: What percentage of these will be
A: Over 50%
26. Q: How many years has the U.S. engaged
in air strikes on Iraq?
A: 11 years
27. Q: Were the U.S and the UK at war
with Iraq between December 1998 and September
28. Q: How many pounds of explosives were
dropped on Iraq between December 1998 and September 1999?
A: 20 million
29. Q: How many years ago was UN Resolution
661 introduced, imposing strict sanctions on Iraq's imports and
A: 12 years
30. Q: What was the child death rate in
Iraq in 1989 (per 1,000 births)?
31. Q: What was the estimated child death
rate in Iraq in 1999 (per 1,000 births)?
A: 131 (that's an increase of 345%)
Q: How many Iraqis are estimated to have
died by October 1999 as a result of UN sanctions?
A: 1.5 million
33. Q: How many Iraqi children are estimated
to have died due to sanctions since 1997?
34. Q: Did Saddam order the inspectors
out of Iraq?
35. Q: How many inspections were there
in November and December 1998?
36. Q: How many of these inspections had
37. Q: Were the weapons inspectors allowed
entry to the Ba'ath Party HQ?
38. Q: Who said that by December 1998,
Iraq had in fact, been disarmed to a level unprecedented in modern
A: Scott Ritter, UNSCOM chief.
39. Q: In 1998 how much of Iraq's post
1991 capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction did the UN
weapons inspectors claim to have discovered and dismantled?
40. Q: Is Iraq willing to allow the weapons
inspectors back in?
41. Q: How many UN resolutions did Israel
violate by 1992?
A: Over 65
42. Q: How many UN resolutions on Israel
did America veto between 1972 and 1990?
43. Q: How much does the U.S. fund Israel
44. Q: How many countries are known to
have nuclear weapons?
45. Q: How many nuclear warheads has Iraq
46. Q: How many nuclear warheads has US
A: over 10,000
47. Q: Which is the only country to use
A: the US
48. Q: How many nuclear warheads does
A: Over 400
49. Q: Has Israel every allowed UN weapon
50. Q: What percentage of the Palestinian
territories are controlled by Israeli settlements?
51. Q: Is Israel illegally occupying Palestinian
52. Q: Which country do you think poses
the greatest threat to global peace: Iraq or the U.S.?
53. Q: Who said, "Our lives begin
to end the day we become silent about things that matter"?
A: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr
Members of Trinity are asked to think
about these things and be prayerful as we sift through the "hype"
being poured on by the George Bush-controlled media.
Rev Jeremiah A Wright, Jr.
War on Iraq IQ Test - written by:
Rev. Jeremiah Wright,
Pastor of Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago,
placed the following 'War on Iraq IQ Test'
on the Trinity "Pastor's Page" for Sunday, Feb. 23.